The Better You Get at Photography, the Harder It Gets

It sounds counterintuitive, but there is a lot of truth to it: the better you get at photography, the harder it gets. Why is that? This excellent video discusses this seeming paradox and how you can avoid falling into a rut because of it. 

Coming to you from aows, this awesome video discusses the counterintuitive fact that the better you get at photography, the harder it gets. Photography is like a lot of hobbies: you can get 80% competence with 20% effort, but that last 20% of ability takes the other 80% of the effort. And it is in this transition from decent to truly excellent that a lot of photographers lose their passion and flame out. As the apparent rate of progress slows down, we begin to feel as if we are reaching the ceiling of our abilities. But it is important to recognize that the higher you advance in any field, the smaller the differences between each successive level. As you become a more capable photographer, don't let yourself be discouraged as you start to make smaller and smaller leaps; this is totally natural and expected. Keep committed to the pursuit, and you'll continue to evolve into a better and better creative. Check out the video above for the full rundown. 

Log in or register to post comments