Going to the upcoming PDN Photo Plus Expo in New York City or just looking for a great photo workshop in the near future? Well here is a chance to see the Fstoppers team in action! Below is a list of classes, presentations, and general shenanigans you will find us hosting in the near future. Make sure to at least come out and say hello.
PDN PHOTOLUS EXPO 2014
- I'll personally be teaching the master class "Bulletproof Digital Tech-ing on Location" on Thursday morning. Phase One recruited me to teach a class that will make you ready for location photoshoots: "Location shooting can be a pressure cooker. The models are late, production is running into overtime and you're loosing the light. When it's time to shoot, you had better be ready, the gear better run flawlessly and it all comes down to you. Join global location photographer and filmmaker Douglas Sonders for an intensive session focused on the ins-and-outs of on-site location shooting and how to effectively and efficiently improve your professional workflow. Sonders will cover all aspects of tethered workflow, from hardware to software. He'll address how to establish the most stable and reliable connection as well how to troubleshoot connection problems. And, during a workflow instruction segment, he will offer techniques for automatic adjustments and efficient focusing verification during high-speed shooting, all using his favorite software, Capture One. Every location shooter will benefit from this chance to learn what exceptional digital techs are doing on-site to make everything flow seamlessly and what pitfalls to avoid." More info and schedule here: http://n2b.goexposoftware.com/events/pp2014/goExpo/user/listSeminars.php?ci=70
- Catch our very own Jaron Schneider at the Sigma booth who will be "Introducing Manual Creative Effects into DSLR Video" where he will be covering the camera movements you can use to create motion and interest for any subject and why you would choose one over the others. Also I will talk about cameras that shoot 4K and why you would want one. Spoiler: it's not to make 4K videos. He will also be teaching a class I'm personally pretty pumped to see "Video Storytelling" in the video theater. Don't forget to catch our buddy Lindsey Adler, who will also be at the Sima booth teaching classes like "The Body Beautiful: Posing, Lighting & Lens Choice" and "Designing an Image for High Impact". Learn more info and see the schedule here: http://blog.sigmaphoto.com/2014/sigma-photoplus-2014/?link=oct-t-photo-plus-expo
- Dani Diamond will be at the Focus Camera booth all day Thursday with his ingenious ring light (see video below):
- Clay Cook will speaking for Tether Tools at the Unique Photo Booth on Friday at 3:20pm - 4:00pm. According to PDN: "Several renowned photographers will be coming to our [Unique Photo Booth] to speak on a variety of different topics, including international fashion photographer Joao Carlos and portrait photographer Neil van Niekerk. Athena Zhe also returns to our booth this year, body-painting models each day of the Expo.
Our expert sales staff will be present to demonstrate products and answer your questions. Special deals and promotions will be offered exclusively to attendees at PhotoPlus, so you won't want to miss out.
We'll also be raffling off items, so be sure to get your badge scanned at the booth to enter!" learn more here: https://www.uniquephoto.com/photoplus
OTHER UPCOMING WORKSHOPS BY FSTOPPERS STAFF
- Great portrait photographer and instructor Zach Sutton will be doing an outdoor lighting workshop in Washington DC on November 9th. "Phase One and Digital Transitions invite you to join Photographer Zach Sutton's Outdoor Lighting Workshop in Washington, DC. This class will cover everything needed to know to create stunning cinematic images with ease. The class is set to take place at 202 Photography Studio, and then taken outdoors to test out various principles taught." Learn more here: http://www.digitaltransitions.com/event/event/zach-sutton-outdoor-lighting-workshop-10012014
- Nino Batista, our resident high-end glamour photographer, has some awesome upcoming master classes in Dallas, Chicago, and Puerto Rico. You'll be able to learn about subjects such as lighting, posing, model interaction, and high-end glamour retouching. Learn more: Dallas https://dallasmasterclass.eventbrite.com, Chicago https://ninobatistachicago.eventbrite.com, Puerto Rico https://puertoricomasterclass.eventbrite.com