When it comes to do-it-all lenses, few can tackle a wider variety of needs and shooting scenarios than a high-quality 50mm lens with a wide aperture, which is suitable for anything from portraits to low-light events coverage. For Sony shooters, the FE 50mm f/1.2 GM offers the company's best design features and capabilities, and this exellent video review takes a look at the image quality and performance you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Benj Haisch, this awesome video review takes a look at the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens. As a part of Sony's highly respected G Master line, this lens come with an impressive range of features, including:
- Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements for reduced distortion and spherical aberrations and increased sharpness, even when shot wide open
- Nano AR Coating II for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Four XD Linear motors for fast and quiet autofocus and Linear Response manual focus control
- Customizable Focus Hold button
- De-clickable aperture ring
- Dust- and moisture-sealing for working in difficult conditions
- Fluorine front element coating to reduce fingerprints, moisture, and dust
Altogether, the 50mm f/1.2 GM looks like an impressive option. Check out the video above for Haisch's full thoughts.